HEYA, HOW ARE YOU?
I'm Jim Bennett, owner and founder of Photo Bakery. I'm a freelance photographer and photo crew manager. I love taking pictures.
I strive for crisp detail, evocative lighting and a visual narrative in my images. I often shoot live music, events, group & individual portraits, headshots, red carpets and other entertainment work and commercial work.
I'm a contributor to Getty Images, where my work is featured around the world. I shoot for KEXP radio in Seattle, where I got started as a photographer and love to support to the station's mission. I contribute to Rolling Stone on occasion, and have contributed to Billboard, Spin, Kerrang!, Mojo, American Songwriter and many other outlets.
I live in Seattle with my wife and dog. I ride a bicycle pretty often, explore cooking ideas most days, and travel frequently for work and pleasure.
I have the extremely good fortune to work with some stellar clients including Pearl Jam, Seattle's Museum of Pop Culture, SubPop Records and Judd Apatow. I'm a Nikon Professional, an ambassador for Black Rapid camera straps and a member of the Recording Academy.
Notable photo coverage includes:
• Eddie Vedder European Tour 2019 (6 shows)
• Pearl Jam Home and Away Shows 2018 (3 shows)
• SXSW in Austin, TX (12 years)
• Austin City Limits Festival (12 years)
• Sasquatch! Festival (9 years)
• Iceland Airwaves Festival (8 years)
• Bumbershoot Festival (5 years)
• Lollapalooza Festival (3 years)
• Ohana Festival (3 years)
• BottleRock Festival (2 years)
• Many other festivals including Primavera Sound (Barcelona), Outside Lands, Fortress Festival, Pemberton, and the OFF! Festival.
When I need photography done - for whatever reason - the first thing I'll do is try to get on Jim's schedule.
Notable photo crew management includes:
• Scheduling all photography across a crew of 10 photoraphers for KEXP Radio in Seattle (2022 is inaugural year)
• Hiring and managing a crew of 4 photographers & 1 editor for Capitol Hill Block Party in Seattle (7 years)
• Planning coverage for and managing a crew of 3-4 photographers for MoPop'sFounders Award Benefit in Seattle (6 years)
• Hiring and managing a crew of 3 photographers for Thing! in Fort Worden, WA (2022 will be year 2)